Monday, April 9, 2012

Goodbye, My Sweet Kiko

It's been about 12 years since the girls found the hour-old kitten just outside the lambing pens, left in the dirt by its mother as she was moving her litter to safer grounds. He was bottle-fed round the clock for the first month, growing and flourishing. At a few months old (and Verne's insistence), we tried to re-introduce him to barn life, but to no avail. Kiko became our house cat! There were only three of us who really loved him, a handful of family who tolerated him, and many others who strongly disliked him. He could be sweet, loving, and entertaining with his quirky ways or, on occasion, he could be aggressively hostile. Kiko left us last week after a year-long decline in his health from kidney failure. I'm including his obit on our Stix Blog as he was always present during our retreats and over the past few months has spent every day at the Studio with me as I quilt. Kiko loved blankets, especially quilts in progress as he would always lie down in the middle of my projects as I tried to work on them. I will miss my boy!


The following picture was taken at the last Stix Retreat in February.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Goodbye, sweet quilt kitty. I will always miss my Kiko.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home