Sorbet Sunrise
Hi Friends! I thought I'd update all of you (who never read my blog) on my latest project. I write this blog for me, so it's okay that you don't read it...it's become a journal of my creative endeavors. Back to my latest project...it comes on the heals of Fiesta, a foundation pieced quilt, so it follows that this is also paper pieced. Years ago I fell in love with a wallhanging designed by Jean Wells called Sorbet Sunrise. Whenever browsing through my collection of quilting books, I'd always return to Jean's book that was filled with beautiful photos of her garden along with several of her interpretive garden/floral quilts. Each time I'd admire Sorbet Sunrise and add it to my current list of potential new projects. The truth is, I was totally intimidated by the paper-piecing process, so my love affair with this quilt never went beyond the list. Well, after completing Fiesta, I'm ready to tackle anything and last week I took Jean's book off the shelf, had the patterns enlarged, selected my fabrics, and began piecing Sorbet Sunrise. By this time next week I should have the quilt pieced and be ready to quilt it (after I quilt all of those in the queue, of course)! Here are a couple of pictures of Sorbet Sunrise in progress.
Labels: General, Sorbet Sunrise

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home