Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Quilting

May was a "social" month...I never seemed to be without guests. They were mostly the quilting type, so I spent a lot of time at the studio. Just didn't get a lot of quilting (the long-arm kind) done. (This sounds like a new twist on an old excuse.) Well, I love having these mini-retreats and helping with projects. Read back through May and you'll see that Sandy was here for a visit early in the month to work on her Unusual Lone Star. We made great progress and she'll be back in June to finish it. Sally was also up mid-month for a visit and we spent two intense days working on her fish quilt for Dianna. That was the second of the two quilts I long-armed in May and it turned out great with a wavy, water-like design on the background, and fish complete with scales and a fan-like design on the tails and fins. The first of my long-arm projects for May was a quilt top started by Sally's granddaughter, Shenna, about a year ago. She ran into trouble when she began assembling her blocks, which had been sewn with varying quarter inch seams...reeking havoc with the dimensions of each of the blocks. She handed over the blocks to her "Oma" to  fix. After a lot of ripping and re-sewing, Sally managed to assemble the quilt and handed it off to the quilter (that would be me) a few months back.  The finished pink/purple batik quilt pieced in a geometric pattern and quilted in an all over floral design will be given to Shenna on her birthday in June. What a special gift! I wish someone would gather up all of my UFO's (unfinished projects...that's what they call them on Quilting Arts TV), finish and quilt them, and give them to me for my birthday...hint, hint, hint!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home