Sunday, May 6, 2012

Back to Quilting

Hello, my fellow Stixers!

I unofficially finished law school (graduation is on May 19, which will make it official) last Thursday and now have some freedom - something I haven't had in years (at least since I started law school three years ago if not 21 years ago when I began first grade). To celebrate my new found freedom I have been working on a To Do list of items I've needed to take care of around my house for months (this really has been a crazy semester), with a few happy things on it, such as quilting and knitting. Well, today I finally started working on my quilt again, which  I began a few months ago and now I have all the center pinwheels put together. Woohoo!


Up next, I have to cut the rest of my green strips and then sew them around the pinwheels. It feels amazing to be back at my machine, which purrs with happiness at its use (and it's nice to have something at my house purring with happiness since Ernest sure doesn't. In fact, Ernest looks more than mildly terrified by the sight and sounds of the quilting process.).

I'll keep you all updated as my project progresses!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Joyce Moser said...

So happy to hear you're using your graduation present!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home