Monday, July 16, 2012

Checking In...

It's official - it's mid-month, July 16th. Where does the time go? I have very little to show for the first half of the month and practically NO quilting! I've spent my time over the past two weeks blogging (blabbing is more like it) and beading, actually I've started two peyote bracelets and have yet to finish either. Pathetic! But, I've spent a lot of time talking about beading, surfing the web for beading inspiration and supplies, and planning beading projects...does that count for anything??? And, I have spent some time flipping through quilting books, visualizing my latest project completed and hanging on the wall, and making lists of things I want to accomplish in the second half of this year...any credit for all of that??? NO? Thought so! 


What is going on with me?...I've lost some of the creative momentum I had during the spring and seem to be falling into a creative slump! Help! I know exactly what I need to do, because I've been in this place before and for long periods of time. I need to JUST DO IT! I need to walk away from this computer and all of the other distractions (most of which I create) and walk down to the Studio and begin...

Okay, I hear those words loud and clear. JUST DO IT! I'm leaving now. I mean it! I'm out of here! No more excuses! Next time we talk I'll have a long list of finished projects complete with pictures and I will feel good about myself. Computer: I'm turning you OFF! Iphone: that means you, too! Goodbye!








Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

I know what's wrong. You're in a slump 'cause you're just waiting for me to be done with the Bar so that we can sew together. It's not your fault! Well, I'll be done soon and then the creativity will return. :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Joyce Moser said...

It will be good to have you home. We'll get some serious quilting done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home