Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where'd October Go?

I started out calling this "Longarm Update" and shared all of my longarm accomplishments at each month-end. If I were to stick to that theme, I'd have NOTHING to report for October. Between finishing the ULS and preparing for the October retreat, I did little else last month. Maria arrived mid-month and we sewed/quilted the week before the Stix retreat (working on the Ultimate Market Bag prototypes). We've waited a long time to be able to spend a carefree week together and it was as much fun as we'd anticipated. Not altogether "carefree", though, as I was feeling much anxiety over the large group we expected for the retreat and our project, which up until that point was just an idea. With Maria's help, we had a large pile of painted fabrics and three bags completed by the time guests arrived. The cabin was sparkling clean, sewing tables arranged, and the woodshed stacked with firewood. Our retreat was a success. Overall, it was a productive month and that's a good thing! My pile of quilt tops to be longarmed has grown, though, and at this rate I have little chance of achieving my yearend goal of completing my backlog of projects to be quilted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home