Patt Blair Workshop
I spent most of this past weekend at the Sutter Creek Community Center attending a quilting/painting workshop taught by Patt Blair. Actually, while we had the option of bringing our sewing machines, all sixteen participants spent the entire time painting. Patt is an amazing artist and great teacher (that's not always the case...often artists do not make good teachers). Anelie Belden did an equally good job organizing the event, which was complete with breakfast, lunch, and snacks (food is very, very important!); a personalized cup and goody bags for everyone. FUN! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! In fact, Anelie is going to organize a weekend with Patt painting portraits. I'll be there with my growing collection of inks.
I'm including a picture of my project in progress (it hasn't been quilted yet). I love it. Only wish I could take credit for the design and fantastic format...but, I can't. I used one of several drawings Patt provided to the students. Three others painted this same tiger. Each was slightly different, but all very striking when finished. It's called Tiger Eyes.

2 Comments:
Thank you for painting me the most incredible piece of art I've ever seen. Wow!
Wait til you see the real one...this was just practice!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home