Another Month Gone :(
You'll notice that the date of this blog is October 1st, although I'm writing it on October 11th and backdating it (the marvels of technology!!!) I accomplished so little during the month of September that I decided to "extend" the month just a wee bit in order to longarm more than the measly one quilt I finished on September 29-30. Even with the extension of time, I didn't get anything else done. With the disappointment of a slacker month hanging over my head, I avoided my journal, the StixChix blog, where I document our work and other happenings, and (like a child) closed my eyes and hoped it would go away. In this case, I guess "it" is the accountability I feel towards maintaining my blog without exception.
Ok, I'll say it again. I only longarm quilted once in September. And, it was out of NECESSITY. After a lot of encouragement (pressure) from all three girls in So Cal, we had planned a whirlwind 3-day trip to visit all of them. A few weeks before the trip, Jana told me she'd like one of her 30's quilts that she'd made during college (under-grad...so that was about 5+ years ago) to use as a picnic blanket when she attends Movies in the Park. I pulled out the quilt and as usual it was only half finished (maybe 3/4), as it needed borders, quilting and binding. In defense of myself, I'm making this sound like a lot more work than it actually was...two days. Bottom line...the quilt was adorable when finished and should make the perfect picnic blanket. I'll share a picture of Jana with her blankie soon. We had a great trip with the highlight being dinner at Rick Bayless' Red O restaurant in West Hollywood. It was amazing and an experience we'll long remember, hopefully (at our ages I'm not so sure about that!).
September included our trip to Portland and my class with Patt Blair. Now that I think about it, I stayed pretty busy during the month, just not quilting. I'd like to say I'll do better this month, but October and November are filled with more travel plans (another Portland trip, Washington to celebrate my sisters 70th, and Connecticut to see Jeff and family)! I may need to adjust my goal of longarming three quilts per month!
Labels: Longarm Update

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home