Another Month Gone
November was a busy month, which shouldn't come as a surprise as November 1st marks the beginning of the holiday season for me. The last two months of the year always seem to whiz by and when January arrives, November and December are just a blur of activity. Lauren was here through the first week of the month and we kept busy quilting and making floormats. Lauren made a quilt as a birthday/Christmas gift for Jana (I'll take a little credit here as I longarmed it) and I pieced and quilted a French Rose for my sister, Judy, who turned 70 this past month. Two quilts and four floormats kept us going that first week of the month. I still don't have a floormat, though! :(
Over the next few days as Verne and I prepared for our two week trip to Portland (including a three-day trip to Clarkston to celebrate Judy's big day), tragedy struck! A predator (after a little CSI work, I've deduced the critter was a bobcat) bypassed our security system and killed all of our chickens. It was a sad day and I continue to be reminded of the loss when I look over at the lifeless chicken yard. No more clucking, crowing, and all the other sounds the hens make. No more daily trips to gather eggs. No more eggs. And, no more egg customers...a delightful group of people who have faithfully supported my chicken habit by buying my eggs. I miss Big Red and "the girls"!
It's cold here. I haven't been to the cabin in a few weeks now (which is about the same 40 degrees as the outside temps). Cold weather is a seasonal hurdle for me as I have a hard time leaving the warm fire at the house to bundle up, walk to the cabin, spend at least 1/2 hour shivering while I start a fire and warm it sufficiently to remove my coat and gloves, and finally quilt. Consequently, while we returned home with a week left in the month, I've done NOTHING! Between the sadness I'm feeling over the chickens, the cold, wet weather, and holiday plans, I don't feel very optimistic about my productive in December. Oh well...
Labels: Longarm Update

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home