July, a Hot Month!
Here’s the question…should I write my usual month-end update
when I have nothing to report, not a single stitch taken last month? Or, just
let the month end slip by and stay mum? I’ve decided to use this opportunity to
make my excuses. First, it was **HOT** in July and the cabin holds no
attraction when it’s 90-100 degrees outside and probably 10 degrees warmer
inside. We’ve had day after day of these temps and we still have August and
September to survive…historically very hot months. Excuse #2: I have been
jamming! Actually, not just jamming, but putting in my hours for the Master
Food Preservers program. I won’t say much more here, because I’ll be exhausting
the topic in the Moser Good Eats blog. My third excuse: We were gone part of
the month on separate trips to So Cal and Portland. That provided a reprieve
from the heat and, of course, kept me from my quilting and other studio work.
Oh well, I promise to do better in August. If not, I’ll at least come up with
some new and creative excuses.
Since I had nothing to report this month, I thought about
making a short how-to video on some quilting technique, but I’m still rather
clumsy at the technical side of making the video so I’m going to put that off
for now. Instead, I decided to share a link to a commercial web site I really
like. It’s called Craftsy (www.craftsy.com)
and offers on-line classes (starting at about $20), kits, patterns, free
projects, supplies, and a blog. If you want instruction on appliqué or free-motion
quilting or any other topic related to quilting, this is the place to go.
Personally, I love the idea of an on-line class. You can take it in the comfort
of your own home and watch it multiple times. Check it out, you might like it.
Labels: General, Longarm Update

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home