Monday, May 28, 2012

Just an Idea

In my unending attempt to lighten my load (stash) and get rid of those pesky scraps (too big to trash), and larger pieces of fabric leftover from projects (where I way overbought), and fabrics I just had to have, but now question my sanity in buying them in the first place...I have an idea!!! Make a donation quilt for the pedi/chemo kids at Cottage Hospital! Everyone (all ages) loves the flannel rag quilts, but flannel prices have gone through the roof and we'll soon run out of our stockpile. (That reminds me...if you have flannel scraps, please bring them to the next Retreat. I'll combine them to make more kits.) Anyway, since our February Retreat I've made two "kid-size" 30's quilts -- all from leftover scraps too big to trash! (I did buy the backing, which is adorable...red and white polka dot with little black Scotties.) 

Here are the directions:
Cut 63 4" squares and sew together (9 in each row, 7 rows total)
Cut inner border 1 3/4" wide
Cut outer border 3" wide
Sew together and then quilt on the diagonal or in the ditch crosswise and lengthwise.
Bind. 
Stand back and admire your scrappy creation! Now, just think of the stash-busting possibilities... 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home