Sorbet Sunrise Risen
I finished piecing Sorbet Sunrise this past week and it's ready to be quilted. The colors I chose are much brighter than those used in the original quilt by Jean Wells, so a more appropriate name might be Sherbet Sunrise (Sherbet is brighter than Sorbet)...I'll keep thinking about it until I come up with the perfect name. Techniques used in the piecing included those I learned at the classes I took over the past few months, foundation piecing and starched-edge applique, as well as stitch 'n flip, which is random pieces of fabric sewn to a foundation (see the long narrow strip along the right edge of the quilt). I'll be finishing the hanging (after it's quilted) with a larger-than-typical medium purple binding, which will "frame" the piece and help "hold" the design together...for me, anyway. :)
Labels: Sorbet Sunrise

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home