Saturday, February 28, 2015

Short and Sweet

This is going to be short and sweet. The “short” is due to the fact February only has 28 days and I only completed one blog-worthy project during the month. The “sweet” is the precious picture Lauren sent of Chloe on her new flannel blankie. The blanket was intended to go to Jana’s cat, Izzy, but somehow ended up in Portland. (We’ve got to increase our security and get back to checking luggage!) Fortunately, I still had a small pile of scraps from Verne’s rag quilt, just enough to make another 24” square cat blanket. I’ll forgo a picture of Izzy on her new blanket. That would only stir up the “Whose Cat Is the Cutest?” debate.


On to my accomplishment…Lauren’s judicial assistant at the courthouse retired in February after thirty years of service. Over the past two years Lauren and Joanne have become fast friends and a special gift was in order. We’re very selective when gifting our quilts, but Joanne seemed a good candidate as she’s a painter and appreciates handmade items. We were not disappointed with her response to this beautiful batik quilt.


I've not been completely idle in February and have a few projects in the works, so I should have more to report in March. I'll say no more and make no promises. Here’s hoping!



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM , Blogger RaeRae said...

Max is still waiting for her cat blanket!

 
At August 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Joyce Moser said...

It's coming soon...

 
At June 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM , Blogger RaeRae said...

So it has beenough almost a year. Still waiting. I think I need to send you dimensions for the proper size cat blanket. Stay tuned.

And you haven't blogged on here in almost a year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home