Friday, May 1, 2015

April Monthend

Who's kidding whom? Thanks to technology, I can backdate this blog post to May 1st, but we all know that it's the second week of May and I'm just getting around to writing it. I wish my excuse for being tardy could be explained with a few pictures of beautiful quilts I completed in April, but that's not the case. While I have spent some time in the cabin when I've not been busy canning, drying, and preparing for teaching assignments (three over a period of six weeks), it's been spent on making more totes of a new design. Here are three mixed in with some old familiar designs.


What do I love about the new look besides the fact it's fabulous?! Less cutting (only five pieces front and back), less sewing, clean and sophisticated look that features large-scale prints. I can't tell you how many times I've considered fabric for the 4" or 5" design and then put it back in the Rubbermaid, because it's just too pretty to cut into such small pieces. Problem solved! This design features a large scale print. I plan to make lots of them.

What do I plan for May? Let me look into my crystal ball (or just consider what I've been doing the last eight days). The crystal ball shows me in the cabin working on a beautiful sunflower wallhanging...who's that with me? Why, it's Maria and while I'm cutting she's sitting at the machine and sewing the quilt. We're talking and laughing and having a grand old time! It's been so long...could this just be wishful thinking??? I guess you'll just have to read the May blog to see if my vision comes true.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2015 at 4:39 AM , Blogger RaeRae said...

Please add to this so I get post notifications. I can't do it from my phone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home